Sunday, January 29, 2012

Salvedged Selvages

At our last guild workshop, we did a fun project with selvages we had been saving.  The project comes from the "Quilts and More" Spring, 2010, publication.  I made the oven mitt as pictured below, but some of the ladies made the traditional square mitt.  I hope to make more for gift giving. 
I had to laugh as I read the selvages after I made this girly looking mitt - one of them reads, "No Girls Allowed".  Pretty funny. 
Take care,
Buzz for now,
Merritt

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea for getting rid of all those selvages! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is funny! Looks good and a great use for selvages. ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess your hubby will have to do the cooking when that oven mitt is involved! (I might accidentally lose the rest...) Very cute.

    ReplyDelete